Friday, February 29, 2008

SmartBoard

I never knew what a Smartboard was until I came to Albright. I first heard about it in my Communication Skills class last year. Some one in my class gave a speech on how to use the Smartboard. I was so interested because it was so different. It was a great tool to use in the classroom. There is so many things you could do that would keep the students interested in the lesson. The next time I heard about it was in my Math and Methods course. We were briefly shown how to use it, and it was a learning experience for me. Two students in my class did lessons on the Smartboard and the lessons were great. The one lesson was on fractions and I loved it. The student was using pictures and so many other visuals. The students in the class even got to come up to the Smartboard and use it. I am 20 and I loved going to use it. Since that lessson I began to love the Smartboard. Being a student sitting in a math classroom is boring and the Smartboard can make it fun and interesting. If students are taught on a Smartboard they are more likely to retain the information. Who ever came up with the idea of a interactive white board is amazing. I know that if we had interactive white boards in my elementary school it would have been great.
Being a math teacher is not going to be easy. I know that math is hated by many and can come off as boring. I need as many different learning tactics as I can get. The Smartboard is going to be a great tool for me to use in a classroom and if the school doesn't have one, I will request one haha. I might not get it at first but sonner or later I might. It is a great to use in all areas of teaching, not just math. The sky is the limit with an interactive white board.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I actually used a Smartboard for the first time this semester in one of my classes. I need to work on my handwriting, it feel weird to write on that board!