Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Excel

I was always afraid of Excel. I would go open and then shut it really fast. It just looked so complicated to me. Last semester I had to take a Physics lab and we had to use Excel. We were in lab groups, so there was always someone that knew how to use it so I was safe. In high school I never had a computer class so therefore never knew how to use it. One would think that I would have to use it in Chemistry, but nope never used it there either. When I was a senior in high school I took Physics. In the begining of the year I thought I would need to use the computer in someway or another, but it was the first year teaching physics for my teacher so there was no way she would have ventured onto the computer for experiments. I feel that if I was taught Excel or if I had the courage to struggle through it, it would have been very benefical to me in college.
Being introduced to Excel was great. Once someone walked me through it it wasn't that bad. I just wish I learned it earlier, so I didn't feel like I was missing something in my classes. I would have never thought to use Excel for anything other then charts or graphs, until we did those Excel worksheets. I am a person that loves numbers and I live by them. Everything in my life deals with numbers. I know that might be a little weird but I am a math major what do you expect haha. The magic square was a great application of Excel. I will use that in my class room, I know it. There are just so many different things you can do in Excel and I am happy that I am not afraid!!!

No comments: